Date:      Tue, 7 Sep 2004 16:39:32 +0200
From:      "Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku@kukulies.org>
To:        Volker Stolz <stolz@i2.informatik.rwth-aachen.de>
Cc:        Christoph Kukulies <kuku@www.kukulies.org>
Subject:   Re: mpmf20 port

On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 10:45:59AM +0200, Volker Stolz wrote:
> In local.freebsd-ports, you wrote:
> > /usr/ports/audio/mpmf20
> >
> > I'm wondering why such a comparibly simple program has a broken
> > port (due to a fss clash).
> > Or has that been fixed?
>
> ===>  Building for mpmf20-1.01
> c++ -O -pipe -march=athlon-xp -o mpmf20 app.cpp mpmf20.cpp
> In file included from app.cpp:28:
> /usr/include/sys/syslimits.h:38:2: warning: #warning "No user-serviceable parts inside."
> /var/tmp//cc6Z38Ys.o: In function `main':
> /var/tmp//cc6Z38Ys.o(.text+0x7f3): warning: tmpnam() possibly used unsafely; consider using mkstemp()
> mpmf20@fump [10:37:38]>
> mpmf20@fump [10:37:38]> uname -a
> FreeBSD fump.kawo2.rwth-aachen.de 5.2-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT #2: Mon May  3 14:17:07 CEST 2004     root@fump.kawo2.rwth-aachen.de:/data/obj/data/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

A late followup, though, but I tried mpmf20 recently on 5.2-current a few months
old and mpmf20, although compiling  flawlessly, doesn't work anymore.

It returns bogus values for my memory and expansion memory sizes (-16K)
and always claims that the mp3 file I want to upload is too large for the
memory (no wonder with a negative size)

Anyone using this archaic program in these days of usb memory sticks
with builtin mp3 players? Well, I still have this ancient piece of
hardware, which used to fulfill its purpose and although programming
support under Windows (XP) is long abandoned FreeBSD was still doing a
good service but at present I'm lost.

--
Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies kuku_at_kukulies.org