Date:      Tue, 21 Feb 2012 17:00:53 -0500
From:      Diane Bruce <db@db.net>
To:        Dimitry Andric <dim@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Subject:   Re: rtld or lang/gcc cannot find libgcc_s.so.1

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 10:37:15PM +0100, Dimitry Andric wrote:
> On 2012-02-21 20:42, Steve Kargl wrote:
> > Yes, /lib comes before /usr/local/lib/gcc46.  I suppose
> > that this is a heads up for gerald@. lang/gcc is used by
> > the ports collections to build a large number of other
> > ports, so others are likely to hit this issue.

Does -rpath not help ?

man ld
  -rpath dir
           Add a directory to the runtime library search path.  This  is  used
           when  linking  an  ELF  executable with shared objects.  All -rpath
           arguments are concatenated and passed to the runtime linker,  which
           uses  them  to locate shared objects at runtime.  The -rpath option
           is also used when locating  shared  objects  which  are  needed  by
           shared objects explicitly included in the link; see the description
           of the -rpath-link option.  If -rpath is not used when  linking  an
           ELF   executable,   the   contents   of  the  environment  variable
           "LD_RUN_PATH" will be used if it is defined.

Or is this another problem? -rpath is added in /usr/ports/Mk

> However, at runtime, it links against the system libstdc++:

I ran into this with two of my own ports. -rpath needed to be passed to ld.

- Diane
--
- db@FreeBSD.org db@db.net http://www.db.net/~db
  Why leave money to our children if we don't leave them the Earth?