Date:      Mon, 7 Sep 1998 14:02:52 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        David Vondrasek <david@stumbleinn.dyn.ml.org>
Cc:        Bobb Shires <bobb@ibm.net>, FreeBSD-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Disturbing line in dmesg

On Mon, 7 Sep 1998, David Vondrasek wrote:
> > Intel Pentium F00F detected, installing workaround
> >
> > Any ideas what this means?  Thanks!
>
> Been looking myself, I get the same message, but I haven't seen any
> problems yet from it. I didn't get it in 2.2.6 , just the 2.2.7 kernel.

A few months ago someone discovered an exploit for pentium chips
that was termed the f00f bug.  Your seeing the kernel protect
itself.  The was OS independent so you should be able to find
plenty on deja news.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  949 443 4172
 Dana Point Communications, a California corporation        dan@dpcsys.com