Date:      Fri, 18 Jan 2002 20:14:23 -0600 (CST)
From:      Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>
To:        Joe & Fhe Barbish <barbish@a1poweruser.com>
Cc:        FBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Using mouse on syscon?

Joe & Fhe Barbish wrote to Ryan Thompson:

> When I am editing a file using ee I can move the curser
> to the location I want to copy and press left mouse button
> and drag the mouse down and right to highlight a block
> of lines. When I release the left mouse button the selected
> lines stay highlighted.

> I them move the curser to the location I want to past the lines

Move the keyboard cursor, not the mouse cursor.

> and press both left & right mouse buttons at the same time and
> nothing happens.

If you have a 2-button mouse, you can emulate a 3-button mouse with
the -3 option to moused. This is what gets you the Left+Right = middle
functionality. man moused

> I do not know what you mean by extend your selection with the right
> button? Give me a example of how you do it that I can try, using ee
> /etc/hosts file.

Make your selection with the left button. If you decide you'd like to
grow or shrink your selection, click the right mouse button either
inside or outside your selection to shrink|grow, respectively.

- Ryan

  #106-380 3120 8th St E - Saskatoon, SK - S7H 0W2

        Tel: 306-664-3600   Fax: 306-664-1161   Saskatoon