Date:      Thu, 28 Dec 1995 17:52:40 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        hsu@clinet.fi (Heikki Suonsivu)
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cyclades 32-port card, cy/cyb drivers

Heikki Suonsivu stands accused of saying:
> I just hacked this together.  Please notice that you need a config line
>
> # Allow 32 port cyclades boards
> options "CY_MAX_CD1400s=8"
>
> to enable 32 ports.  You can't put more than one 32 port board in, and you
> can't use the same kernel for configurations with multiple smaller boards,
> as there are not enough minor numbers available.

Thanks for that, Heikki.  Unfortunately, the owner has gone and put in a
Linux machine just to run the card.  Man am I pissed.

First opportunity I get, I'll try to get it back into a FreeBSD box and
run your changes, but before that I have to get his 2940 working, or
face him converting everything except his news server over to Linux.

> Heikki Suonsivu, T{ysikuu 10 C 83/02210 Espoo/FINLAND,

]] "Who does BSD?" "We do Chucky, we do."                               [[