Date:      Thu, 30 Mar 2017 11:43:21 -0500
From:      Tom Judge <tj@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd@quip.cz>
Cc:        "Bradley T. Hughes" <bradleythughes@fastmail.fm>, "ports@FreeBSD.org" <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: textproc/kibana50 and version of node.js

> On Mar 30, 2017, at 11:27 AM, Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd@quip.cz> =
wrote:
>=20
> Bradley T. Hughes wrote on 2017/03/30 11:10:
>>=20
>>> On 30 Mar 2017, at 10:00, Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd@quip.cz> wrote:
>>>=20
>>> Hi,
>>=20
>> Hi! :)
>>=20
>>> we are using npm + node in version 7.8.0 and ElasticSearch in =
version 5.0.2. Now we need Kibana and Kibana X-Pack but official Kibana =
has bundled node v0.10 or v0.12, FreeBSD port of Kibana has dependency =
on node v4. It is conflicting with already installed and used node v7.
>>=20
>> This mail caught my eye. Since Node.js v0.10 and v0.12 have reached =
end-of-life, I wanted to see if I could find out why they were bundling =
such an old version. Looking at Github, it actually looks like Kibana is =
bundled with Node.js v6.9.5: =
https://github.com/elastic/kibana/blob/v5.3.0/package.json#L243-L246
>=20
> I am sorry, it was my fault. It was information for older version of =
Kibana (4.4.1, 4.3.2, 4.1.5)
> =
https://discuss.elastic.co/t/kibana-4-4-1-4-3-2-4-1-5-updated-node-js-vers=
ions-due-to-upstream-vulnerabilities/41643
>=20
> I created Kibana 5.0.2 package with poudriere with modified Makefile =
to:
>=20
> RUN_DEPENDS=3D	node>=3D0.8.0:www/node
>=20
> Kibana is up and running with Node.js 7.8. I hope it will be stable :)
>=20
> Miroslav Lachman

Please open a bug with this information and I will include it in the =
port with the next update to 5.3.

Tom=