Date:      Sat, 31 Oct 2009 15:42:31 +0000
From:      Brandon Gooch <jamesbrandongooch@gmail.com>
To:        Bernhard Schmidt <bschmidt@techwires.net>
Cc:        "Sam Fourman Jr." <sfourman@gmail.com>, freebsd-net@freebsd.org, Rui Paulo <rpaulo@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Intel WiFi 5100/5300

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 8:26 AM, Bernhard Schmidt
<bschmidt@techwires.net> wrote:
> On Sunday 25 October 2009 10:24:06 Bernhard Schmidt wrote:
>> On Saturday 24 October 2009 21:41:39 Sam Fourman Jr. wrote:
>> > Just wanted to make everyone aware that OpenBSD just 1 hour ago commit=
ed
>> > a bunch of changes to their iwn driver. maybe some of it is useful for
>> > FreeBSD as well?
>>
>> Definitely, I'll look into that.
>
> Another update:
>
> * ICT interrupts for 5000/6000 series
> * New firmware
> * Initial support for 1000 series and initial bits for upcoming 6000 =A0s=
eries
> (untested as hardware is not available to the general public)
> * Many bug fixes, including workarounds for hardware bugs
> * Addresses kern/140036
>
> Most of this stuff has been obtained from OpeBSD. Testes/Feedback welcome=
!

> http://techwires.net/~bschmidt/patches/freebsd/iwn/iwn_merge_20081028.dif=
f.bz2

> --
> Bernhard

This is working VERY well with my 4965. I haven't had a single issue
with stability, no firmware errors, I associate with APs much more
quickly, and it's measurably faster.

Thanks for all of your hard work Bernhard! Hope we see this in the tree soo=
n...

-Brandon