Date:      Mon, 5 Nov 2001 00:51:53 -0500
From:      Louis LeBlanc <leblanc+freebsd@keyslapper.org>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: su problems - no password needed

--W/nzBZO5zC0uMSeA

On 11/05/01 03:29 PM, Rob B sat at the `puter and typed:
> At 14:26 5/11/2001, Edwin Groothuis sent this up the stick:
> >On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 01:46:47PM +1100, Rob B wrote:
> > > I'm having an issue with su.  My user is in the wheel group, and when=
=20
> > doing
> > > su - (ie: su to root, using root's environment) no password is asked
> > > for.  this was not the case until I built world recently.  any way to=
 get
> > > the password thing back?
> >
> >If you do "vipw", what do you see then in the second field of the root-u=
ser?
> >Something like this?
> >     root::0:0::0:0:Charlie &:/root:/usr/local/bin/bash
> >
> >Or is there a string filled in.
> >
> >Anyway, becoming root and using the passwd command would solve it
> >for what I think of it.
>=20
> Yep, that was it, no password set (alhough I did set one when I installed=
 4.4)
>=20
> Thanks,
> Rob

Then if I could  just toss my $0.02 in here, you  might want to verify
that all the user accounts  are still configured properly - passwords,
etc..

--=20
Louis LeBlanc               leblanc@keyslapper.org
http://www.keyslapper.org                     =D4=BF=D4=AC