Date:      Tue, 15 Jul 2008 14:57:23 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   executable open until unmount

I'm testing my nfsv4 client and I've run into this issue under FreeBSD7.0.

When I execute a file on the nfs mounted volume, the file remains open
until the vnode gets cleared out, usually when I unmount. For NFSv4, this
isn't a particularily good thing, since these Opens tie up resources on
the NFS server, etc.

Anyone know if there is something I'm doing incorrectly that causes this
or a way to get the close to happen when the executable terminates?

Thanks in advance for any help, rick