Date:      Thu, 10 Feb 2000 01:19:56 -0500
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@cc942873-a.ewndsr1.nj.home.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   "Wiring Down" PCCard Devices

I am having trouble getting 3.4-STABLE installed properly on my
notebook PC. The pccardd(8) process seems to freeze up. It freezes
during boot or if I run it from teh command line after boot. An
interupt (^C) will kill it, but I'd like it to run.

My guess is that there is an IRQ conflict. It seems to like to grab
IRQ 3, but I believe that is where the integrated IR port on the
notebook likes to live (which FreeBSD does not see). I'd like to just
"wire down" the PCCard controller to check if this is the problem, but
I can't figure out how to do that.

In the kernel configuration I have,

  controller		card0
  device		pcic0	at card?
  device		pcic1	at card?

And that is exactly how those lines appear in GENERIC, PCCARD, and the
LINT kernels as well. Also, much to my dismay, there are no card(4) or
pcic(4) manpages describing further options for this controller and
devices.

I took a blind swing at,

  controller		card0   at isa? irq 15
  device		pcic0	at card?
  device		pcic1	at card?

But when the final linking of the kernel takes place (the config(8)
goes fine),

  ioconf.o(.data+0x620): undefined reference to `carddriver'
  *** Error code 1

  Stop.

Anyone know how I can do this? Or even if that might be the right
track?