Date:      Mon, 20 Sep 2010 14:50:05 GMT
From:      Andriy Gapon <avg@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-acpi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/135447: [i386] [request] Intel Core i7 and Nehalem-EP new features not supported

The following reply was made to PR i386/135447; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Andriy Gapon <avg@freebsd.org>
To: Dmitry Kubov <dk@garant.ru>
Cc: jh@freebsd.org, brucec@freebsd.org, bug-followup@freebsd.org
Subject: Re: i386/135447: [i386] [request] Intel Core i7 and Nehalem-EP new
 features not supported
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 17:48:07 +0300

 on 20/09/2010 17:41 Dmitry Kubov said the following:

 >> on 20/09/2010 17:06 Dmitry Kubov said the following:
 >>> Maybe I need some kind of powerd running? No any info about TurboBoost tune on
 >>> FreeBSD.
 >> So you do have the levels reported in cx_supported?
 >> This is not what you attached to the PR.  And this is not what I tried to debug.
 >> I am not sure what changed in your environment, but you should have said that you
 >> have the those levels reported and not wasted my time on this.
 >>
 >> Please ask the above on questions@.
 >
 > Change is 7.2 upgraded to 8.1

 Great!  That was a wise decision on your part.
 But you should have told us/me that (e.g. followed up to your own PR).
 OK, now you can enable use of lower Cx states via hw.acpi.cpu.cx_lowest sysctl and
 the PR can be closed.

 --
 Andriy Gapon