Date:      Wed, 04 Sep 1996 19:09:33 -0700
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Latest Current build failure

Jordan wrote:
> I think I'm coming around to the best "solution" of all to this,
> at least from my personal perspective, and that's to do nothing
> and leave -current exactly as it is.

I've been reluctant to say it, but I tend to agree with that.

The event that triggered this thread wasn't even really a problem with
-current.  It was cockpit error, or network Bermuda Triangle syndrome,
or something like that.  Nothing coming out of this thread would have
made any difference.

About the idea of having moving cutoff dates representing "better"
not-quite-current versions:  The same people who ignore the Handbook's
caveats about -current would also ignore the "FreeBSD-recent"
releases, and continue to get -current.  "If recent is good, then
current must be better!"  And they would continue to complain when
things didn't go just so for them.

> I'm tired out just talking about it now. :-)

Me too.  Bye!

John