Date:      Sun, 8 Apr 2018 11:11:34 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pkg version - Orphanned status phpMyAdmin 4.7.9

--4fywpkyZnNiXBBHzd9XLgn36zHwbHwnSQ
From: Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>
To: freebsd-ports@freebsd.org

--gRfddbgCWfWB93mzDtow7PbLErcNKqDOB

On 07/04/2018 15:40, Jos Chrispijn wrote:
> [Nub on ports]
>=20
> Running 'pkg version', I got phpMyAdmin status "?" (orphan)
>=20
> I first tried reinstalling the port, resulting in an error.
> -- cut --
>=20
> =3D=3D=3D>=C2=A0 Installing for phpMyAdmin-php56-4.7.9
>=20
> =3D=3D=3D>=C2=A0=C2=A0 Registering installation for phpMyAdmin-php56-4.=
7.9
> Installing phpMyAdmin-php56-4.7.9...
> pkg-static: phpMyAdmin-php56-4.7.9 conflicts with phpMyAdmin-4.7.9
> (installs files into the same place). Problematic file: /usr/local
>=20
> /www/phpMyAdmin/CONTRIBUTING.md
>=20
> *** Error code 70
>=20
> -- cut --
>=20
> Can you tell me how I can solve this? Thanks!

Unfortunately the transition from the unflavoured to the flavoured
version of phpmyadmin isn't quite as seamless as we might hope.  However
the solution is just to tell pkg to install the flavoured version of
phpmyadmin.  Other than the name change and possibly a difference in the
dependency chain, the flavoured packages are identical to the
unflavoured.  So just:

    pkg install phpmyadmin-php56   [*]

It may well warn about conflicting files, but that's OK -- the
replacement files will be identical to what they are replacing.

While flavouring does allow end users a lot more flexibility in
selecting a version of PHP, in fact a better solution here would be the
proposed 'flexible dependencies' but that's not available yet.  The only
significant difference between the flavoured packages is the dependency
metadata.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

[*] Assuming your system is set up to use php56, which it probably is as
that's the default.  The change to flavouring means that you should be
able to upgrade to a different version of PHP and still keep using the
default package servers rather than have to build your own.