Date:      Thu, 7 Jan 1999 10:56:12 -0500 (EST)
From:      Stuart Anderson <anderson@metrolink.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mesa3 on alpha

On Thu, 7 Jan 1999, Doug Rabson wrote:

> I think that the right way to go here is to change system compilers to
> something more modern but that would be fairly hard :-)  How hard would it
> be to make Mesa3 depend on the egcs port?
>
> For what its worth, RedHat 5.0 (which used gcc 2.7.2.3) built Mesa without
> optimisations.

Does it run OK? When porting OpenGL, I found that egcs was the only compiler
that would generate correct code for the Alpha. The others would always
end up SIGFPEs.

                                Stuart

Stuart R. Anderson                               anderson@metrolink.com

Metro Link Incorporated                          South Carolina Office
4711 North Powerline Road                        105 Fox Ridge Run
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33309                   Lexington, SC 29072
voice: 954.938.0283                              voice: 803.951.3630
fax:   954.938.1982                              SkyTel: 800.405.3401
http://www.metrolink.com/