Date:      Wed, 27 Mar 1996 13:05:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Brian Litzinger <brian@MediaCity.Com>
To:        dwalton@psiint.com (Dave Walton)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: BitsurfrPro on FBSD 2.1 & MLPPP broken

[brian wrote]
[Bitsurfer Pros broken]

Dave Walton wrote:
> I'm curious in what way you feel it's broken.

Exhaustive testing.

> I haven't set mine up
> under FreeBSD yet, but I've never had a problem like this under Win95.
> That would tend to indicate to me that either only some BitSURFRs are
> broken (not mine), or the hardware works and it's a software (FreeBSD
> ppp) problem.

> Or am I missing something here?

Experience.

There was a time when I was willing to actually track down the actual
bugs in the BSPros and 3COM Impacts.  Me and others in fact did
track down a few and report them to the appropriate authorities.

I've gotten tired and fixing their products for them though.  Now all
I do is check if they work and report Go, No Go.

However, given both companies are close to releasing new versions of
their products it isn't really worth spending time on the current
ones.

--
Brian Litzinger					       Powered by FreeBSD
<brian@mediacity.com>                            http[s]://www.mpress.com