Date:      Tue, 29 Sep 2009 11:39:31 -0400
From:      "Grant Peel" <gpeel@thenetnow.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Netwroked Storage

Hi all,

For the past few months I have been researching methods to create a =
storage enclosure, perferably with out spending many 10s of k's of $'s.

The intent here is to connect about 10 Web servers, each of them hosting =
about 200 domains, to a central storage system to house users home =
directories.

I am still looking for feedback regarding what level of hardware ( how =
much RAM , cpu bus speed etc) people might be using for a similar setup.

The end idea is to lead FreeBSD on the storage system, create one huge =
/home directory, export it via NFS and share that on all the Web =
machines.

It might be worth noting that the Web machines host a full array of =
software, i.e. Mail, Web, MySQL, PHP etc.

Does anyone use a similar setup? What kind of I/O bottlenecks are =
created?

Any feedback would be welcome.

-Grant