Date:      Sat, 07 Feb 1998 11:07:57 +0900
From:      KATO Takenori <kato@migmatite.eps.nagoya-u.ac.jp>
To:        tlambert@primenet.com
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: unionfs clobbers a file

Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com> wrote:

> The unionfs may still fail because of VOP_LOCK, depending on how
> it is implemented this week.  If it's still using the lockmgr code,
> it will definitely fail, because that code projects a three dimensional
> geodesic into a two dimensional space.  I can explain how to fix
> this, if you are interested.

Please explain it.

I think lock/unlock system in unionfs is somethink like ropewalking
and current implemetation is a result of compromise.

----
KATO Takenori <kato@ganko.eps.nagoya-u.ac.jp>
Dept. Earth Planet. Sci., Nagoya Univ.,  Nagoya, 464-01, Japan
PGP public key: finger kato@eclogite.eps.nagoya-u.ac.jp