Date:      Thu, 28 Dec 1995 10:52:33 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Lars Jonas Olsson" <jonas@mcs.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Cc:        jonas@mcs.net
Subject:   Scrolling motion video

 I would like to display an endless 768 pixel high image on a
1024x768 24-32 bpp monitor. The image would be scrolled 25-50
times/s to produce smooth scrolling from right to left of the
monitor with new image data coming in at the right side.
 I assume that this is impossible using standard X windows and
that I need svgalib or DGA extension. In svgalib there is a
function vga_setdisplaystart() that seems to do the hardware
scrlling (like virtual desktop in X servers). Is there
something like this in DGA? Where can I find DGA descriptions?

Jonas