Date:      Tue, 11 Jul 2000 09:59:49 +0200
From:      Johan Karlsson <k@numeri.campus.luth.se>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@math.missouri.edu>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG, grog@lemis.com, khera@kciLink.com, kris@FreeBSD.ORG, marcel@cup.hp.com
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP! Always use the 'make buildkernel' target to make y

Hi All,
Can you please have a look at PR 17698
which deals with some of the problems discussed in this thread.

Marcel or Kris maybe one of you can consider commiting this patch.
Please note that it is the patch in the audit-trail that should be
used.

If you can not get the patch from the PR you can get it from
http://numeri.campus/~k/installkernel.diff

At Mon, 10 Jul 2000 10:13:28 PDT, John Baldwin wrote:

> On 10-Jul-00 Stephen Montgomery-Smith wrote:
> > Adam wrote:
> >>
> >> Stick kernel="/XXX" in /boot/loader.conf
> >>

> > OK, this had better be documented when the make installkernel is documented
>.
>
> Actually, I think it's changed in -current so that the first kernel is
> installed as /kernel and the others as /kernel.<foo>.

No it is not yet, but the patch in the PR mentioned above fixes that.

/Johan K