Date:      Sat, 04 Nov 1995 03:37:45 -0800
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.FreeBSD.org>
To:        Michael Enkelis <michaele@mxim.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SCSI Tape devices

>I just found what might be a bug in the scsi driver in -stable i sup'ed last
>night.
>
>I can only do ONE operation to my tape drive.  After the operation completes,
>it ignores all other commands until a reboot.  Normaly inserting another tape
>will cause the drive to find BOT marker, this does not even happen.

Does the drive do anything to make you think commands are being sent to it
after it goes out to lunch and you try to use it again?  Have you tried
tracing commands to that target with SCSIDEBUG turned on?  What are the
return codes of operations you try to the device?  Does your tape drive
match any of the "rogue" entries in st.c and if so, does removing the entry
help?

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  Software Developer - Walnut Creek CDROM