Date:      Mon, 03 Nov 2003 00:15:49 -0600
From:      Frank Knobbe <frank@knobbe.us>
To:        Chris <racerx@makeworld.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD User Questions List <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Evolution without gnome

--=-CuL7n0Xdth2/upqDmtW5

On Sun, 2003-11-02 at 22:54, Chris wrote:
> Evolution is slick. I loved it - but the fact remains that it is bloated =
and=20
> runs horrid if you happen to save messages, and they are in the k's.

The secret to get Evolution to run decent is to use the maildir format
instead of mbox for all message folders. I have around 2200 folders with
a total of 1.7 GB in the ~/evolution folder, and Evolution performs
great. I believe that during startup it reindexes the mbox files, that's
why it takes so long. If you use the maildir format, you save that time.
For the most part, I'm very happy with Evolution.

Cheers,
Frank

--=-CuL7n0Xdth2/upqDmtW5

--=-CuL7n0Xdth2/upqDmtW5--