Date:      Wed, 19 Jun 1996 22:53:36 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD current <freebsd-current@freefall.freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: When gcc-2.7.2 hits ctm

On Wed, 19 Jun 1996, Chuck Robey wrote:
> Twice recently I have had ctm mailbomb me with big updates, and I guess
> everyone else who uses ctm has had that happen too.

Yes, I think we share the same lists, eh ?! ;-)

> My mail capacity was
> big engough to manage, but I'm just a little worried about the near
> future.

why...

> If some care isn't taken, when the new gcc gets imported into
> current, well, gcc is big enough to overflow probably everyone's mailbox,
> no matter what size each individual ctm update is limited to.

I don't think so. People, who really like to get the source repository
are certainly so clever, to have sufficient space ... And, getting
current means to get all the nice cool new stuff, you want it, you get
it ...

> I just hope that ctm is taken into account, when gcc is brought up to
> 2.7.2, else there's gonna me one enormous mail snafu.

hmmm, ok ... so people be warned ! ;-)

> There's several
> different ways to handle this, I don't care how it's finally decided, I
> just don't want ctm trying to send me 25 megabytes of mail all in one day.

Excuse me, I don't know exactly what you mean ...
Ok, the worst thing might be, you get all at one, so you fear, your
spool space might overflow ... So you mean, the commitments should
be done in peaces ?!?! Is that doable ?! When a developer extracts
his work on the main src server, what should he do ....
cvs committ  .... what else ?! The 'beast' works recursive ....

	Andreas ///

--
andreas@klemm.gtn.com         /\/\___      Wiechers & Partner Datentechnik GmbH
   Andreas Klemm          ___/\/\/         Support Unix -- andreas.klemm@wup.de