Date:      Tue, 25 Feb 1997 14:05:21 +0200 (EET)
From:      mika ruohotie <bsdhack@shadows.aeon.net>
To:        cshenton@it.hq.nasa.gov (Chris Shenton)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: migrating 2.1.7 -> 2.2: simple or hairy?

> We've got a number of boxes running 2.1.7 and want to migrate to 2.2;
> is it easy or hard?
> Ideally I could do:
> 	mv /usr/src /usr/src.old
> 	cvsup <whatever>-supfile	[whatever's appropriate for 2.2]

but cvsup is not part of ftp-released 2.1.7, actually any 2.1.x lacks it.

i havent attempted yet, so i might ask stupid questions, but how hard is it
to get CVSup into 2.1.7? (unlike in 2.1.6 the modula3 seems to be part of its
/usr/ports)

after upgrading my SUP to CVSup several weeks ago (finally, had to do it
coz ftp.funet.fi dropped sup-services and it seemed to me sup was "dead"
anyway) i'm really impressed. so i'd rather have that on 2.1.7 too...

oh, and thanx from putting those nice addons to 2.1.7 (those that werent
in the 2.1.6)

mickey