Date:      Sun, 12 Dec 1999 20:08:46 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Gary D. Margiotta" <gary@tbe.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Tekram vs. Adaptec U2W

Heya...

Am about to purchase 2 u2w controllers for a box... I was thinking of
purchasing a Tekram card, but I'm an Adaptec fan.  A friend of mine bought
a Tekram card, and won't stop raving about it, and he has an Adaptec u2w
also.

I was just wondering if anyone has any good experiences with the Tekram
cards, and has an opinion as to whether I should buy one instead of going
the Adaptec way.

The box is already a news server, dual PII-450, 512MB RAM, and has a good
amount of use.  We will be running 9 drives per card, in Kingston data
silos.  There will be no RAID array of any sort. so no need to use a DPT
card, or require any card to have RAID support.

Any opinions would be welcome, thanks!

-Gary