Date:      Thu, 28 Mar 1996 12:33:20 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        rich@freebsd.org
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   We need to do another XFree86 release for -current someday soon..

Those who get the 2.2-960323-SNAP snapshot CD will notice that the X
configuration dialog doesn't work now - a quick message flashes by and
that's it.

The problem is simple: xf86config (and much of the rest of X) is still
looking for libc.so.2.2, among perhaps other things.  We've still no
"2.1compat" distribution, so I decided to let this one ride as most
folks (I hope all!) getting the SNAP CD will know that some assembly
is required, and can either fetch the libraries from an older 2.1
system or recompile those portions of XFree86 they wish to use.

Nonetheless, it's something of a problem and we should perhaps soon
consider doing another build of XFree86 for 2.2 users.  I can then
stick this release on the next SNAP CD and peace will return to the
enchanted kingdom.

Erm, sorry.  I've been watching too much of Mr. Roger's Neighborhood
again.. :-)

Anyway, comments?

					Jordan