Date:      Tue, 31 Dec 1996 17:46:28 -0500 (EST)
From:      Snob Art Genre <benedict@echonyc.com>
To:        luka <luka@venturanet.it>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ATAPI cdrom

On Mon, 30 Dec 1996, luka wrote:

> hi
> i can't able to find my ATAPI CD-ROM why?
>
> with the boot kernel on the atapi.flp when i make
> the image disk and i reboot for install the cd-rom
> it's found but when i reboot the machine for startup
> the CD-ROM it's not found.
> PLZ!! HELP ME OR tell me how and where i can found information
> because it's very important for my work!!!!

What version of FreeBSD are you using?  atapi.flp no longer exists in
2.1.5 and later so I assume you're using 2.1.0.  You should probably
upgrade to a newer version; a lot of bugs have been fixed and features
added.

> a question:why there are a great number of freebsd related
> home page in Japan and Taiwan ??? i'm lookin for
> home page with related material in english with information
> software documentation and drivers it's possible receive
> a list of home page in english ????

I guess FreeBSD is popular in Japan.  The home page, in English, is at
http://www.freebsd.org.

> thank you and good year
>
> luka

 Ben