Date:      Sat, 06 Mar 2004 20:03:09 -0500
From:      Jud <judmarc@fastmail.fm>
To:        "Peter Hollaubek" <fifteen@inext.hu>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: linux-opera with anti-alias

On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 14:40:17 +0100, Peter Hollaubek <fifteen@inext.hu>
wrote:

> Has anyone succeeded to use the linux-opera port with anti-aliased fonts?
> During installation it says the WITH_XFT2 variable should be set to
> enable
> aa fonts, and it does install the additional linux packages, though the
> fonts are rendered as usual. I've also tried setting the QT_XFT variable
> with
> no effect.

Opera uses an older method of anti-aliasing which involves use of an
XftConfig file.  Though the document at the URL below describes a NetBSD
setup, it will work on FreeBSD, and Linux-Opera will be able to display
anti-aliased fonts if they are selected in fonts preferences.  I find the
Bitstream Vera fonts give a very nice appearance.

HTH,

Jud