Date:      Tue, 22 Jul 1997 07:18:00 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        jaykuri@oneway.com (Jay Kuri)
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: help: wiring down scsi devices doesn't work

>     I have been trying, to no avail, to wire down a particular target
> device to pt0.  Although config gives me no errors, and the kernel
> rebuilds fine, it does not wire down the device... and instead reports it
> (a scsi scanner) as uk0.

It didn't recognize it as a processor type. The device still needs
to claim to be a processor type for the kernel to connect it as
that.

For example, you can't forceably say that a WORM is a CDROM with
something like:

device cd0 at scbus0 target 5 unit 0

and have it work for whatever shows up in target 5, though it may
be a good idea given a required "flag 0x01" etc.

Post your verbose boot messages.

--
Peter Dufault (dufault@hda.com)   Realtime development, Machine control,
HD Associates, Inc.               Safety critical systems, Agency approval