Date:      Mon, 25 Jan 1999 12:41:31 +1100
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        Joseph Koshy <jkoshy@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: tcp wrappers

On Sun, Jan 24, 1999 at 05:35:53PM -0800, Joseph Koshy wrote:

> > A CERT advisory just came through which seems to require distifles to
> > be collected from a safer location
> > http://www.cert.org/advisories/CA-99-01-Trojan-TCP-Wrappers.html
>
> I think the MD5 checksum would catch this UNLESS the port author
> used the trojaned version to build the port :).

Unlikely in this case, since it seems to have only happened in the last
few days. I was mainly wondering if, now that it's been removed from the
normal place, -questions will be bombarded with "why can't it fetch the
file?", and a quick change of site in the makefile might be needed.

Maybe there's no cause for concern. Freefall was feeling poorly and I
couldn't get in to check exactly what goes on in the port first. If it
don't matter, it don't matter :-)

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-