Date:      Sun, 28 May 2000 22:50:20 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Paul Southworth <pauls@etext.org>
To:        Doug Barton <DougB@gorean.org>
Cc:        asmodai@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4-STABLE - did you break /etc/defaults/rc.conf?

On Sun, 28 May 2000, Doug Barton wrote:

:	Are there any error messages in your boot scroll?

No, it just comes up without having processed /etc/rc.conf - 'Amnesiac',
only configuring the loopback, etc.

: Also, could you
:confirm that your /etc/defaults/rc.conf is version 1.53.2.5, and your
:/etc/rc is version 1.212.2.3?

Looks like I must have cvsuped between the check-in of the new rc.conf and
the /etc/rc - my /etc/rc was 1.212.2.2 - they were checked in four hours
apart, and I must have slipped in that gap.  I will release again and see
if that fixes it.

:  If not, please update your sources then
:run mergemaster (or mergemaster -v if it's your first time using it) so
:we can be sure that you're totally up to date.

I did a 'make release' and then a clean install off the release, so
mergemaster is irrelevant in that context, right?  I thought mergemaster
was only for upgrades.

Thanks for your assistance.

--Paul