Date:      Tue, 22 Oct 1996 13:45:32 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brandon Gillespie <brandon@glacier.cold.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   'lprps' in docs (was: Re: Text->Postscript filter)

The documentation (/usr/share/doc/handbook/handbook87.html) states:

    lprps should be part of the FreeBSD ports collection (see The Ports
    Collection); if not, it should be shortly.

Its not, and this documentation is a few months old.  My impression from
this document file is using this program is preferred as it will do
plain-text filtering for you--otherwise you need to do your own parsing to
do plain-text filtering etc.  I grabbed a2ps, and things seem to be
working fine with it, but I'm just curious as to where lprps is at, as I
would rather have it..

-Brandon Gillespie