Date:      Mon, 1 Mar 2004 01:30:22 -0800
From:      "HarryH" <forHarryH@hotmail.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Unix Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   BSD 4.8 mouse no work

Hello,
I just installed FreeBSD 4.8 on an old Dell machine.  The mouse in a =
Micro$oft two button "Mouse Port Compatible" mouse that has a PS/2 =
(small & round) connector.  I tried to set it up as a PS/2 mouse on the =
/dev/sysmouse (default) port.  It tests out OK when the sysinstall =
screen asks me to test it.  When I get into KDE, the mouse will not =
work.  It stays at the top of the screen and causes some of the GUI =
panels/small menus to flicker when it is moved.  I tried to install it =
as a Micro$oft serial mouse but no luck.  The mouse works fine when I =
was running Windoze and Solaris 9 on the same box.  Any tips/hints =
appreciated.

Thanks,
Harry