Date:      Tue, 10 Sep 1996 16:12:54 -0600 (GMT-0600)
From:      Victor Manuel Carranza Gonzalez <victor@usac.edu.gt>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Serial cards

Hi, everybody!

I am a new member of this list. As you can see in my signature, I'm from
Guatemala, Central America. Well, I am asking you for some advice about
multiport serial cards. In my country it's very difficult to find
unix-related hardware, so please tell me about what brand and model of
multiport card could I install in my server. My system is a DEC Venturis
S90 (pentium). I have ISA and PCI slots available. We are powered by
FreeBSD 2.1 (installed from a Walnut Creek CD-ROM). I want to add a
minimum of 8 serial ports, because this machine is being used as a small
dial-in ppp server and the two standard ports are not sufficient anymore.

Thanks in advance.

|      Victor Manuel Carranza Gonzalez          |
|  Unidad de Internet/Red Cientifico-Educativa  |
| Depto. de Procesamiento Electronico de Datos  |
| Universidad de San Carlos de Guatemala -USAC- |
|e-mail: victor@usac.edu.gt,                    |
|Telefono oficina: (502)4769723 (fax/voz)       |
|                  (502)4767719 (voz)           |
|Telefono casa   : (502)4782916 (502)2891037    |