Date:      Mon, 3 Apr 2000 12:00:54 +0530
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
To:        David Banning <tracker@worldy.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: netscape dies - core dump - Floating point exception

> All of a sudden - when I access some web sites, netscape disappears.
> root terminal says;
>
> "/kernel: pid 324 (netscape.bin), uid 0: exited on signal 8 (core
> dumped)"

Netscape is like that. Live with it.
Well, try turning off java and javascript -- that helps.

There's supposed to be a beta release of Netscape 6 (based on Mozilla)
on April 5, I dont know what platforms the beta will cover but
hopefully there's some improvement in stability. Even the "unstable"
versions of many programs (like Gimp) don't crash like Netscape
does.