Date:      Tue, 19 Dec 2000 12:56:58 -0600
From:      "Michael C . Wu" <keichii@iteration.net>
To:        Devin Butterfield <dbutter@wireless.net>
Cc:        freebsd-small@freebsd.org, Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.osd.bsdi.com>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: StrongARM support?

On Mon, Dec 18, 2000 at 04:14:10PM -0800, Devin Butterfield scribbled:
| "Michael C . Wu" wrote:
| > The most important decision now would be:
| > Should we concentrate on the PPC port first? Or should we go at each
| > port simultaneously?
|
| Well, if there are enough people with PCC's that are interested in
| helping with the effort then perhaps pursuing the PPC port first would
| make more sense. I don't have a PPC so I couldn't help out there...
|
| If the decision is to pursue a StrongARM port then you can count me in.

I'm definitely interested in both StrongARM and PPC.  (and so are very
many people)  My understanding is that FreeBSD *wants* a FreeBSD/ARM,
but lack the resources/man-power to do so.  I'd prefer to see an
official decision on the above by someone (hint hint -core :)) though.