Date:      Thu, 21 May 1998 07:48:56 +0200 (CEST)
From:      hm@kts.org (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        rock@wurzelausix.CS.Uni-SB.DE (D. Rock)
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: i4b and 2nd B-channel

D. Rock wrote:

> But: if the 1st ISDN channel is blocked (e.g. used by a phone call)
> isdnd correctly switches to the 2nd B-channel but cannot build up
> a connection. On the isdnd screen I can only see "outbytes" but
> nothing coming in. This is the log of the isppp0 device:

I have seen exactly this with a Teles 16.3. I thought one HSCX channel
was defect, but after moving the card to a different i/o address it
worked - some other card overlayed the i/o address of the second
HSCX channel.

> Even after setting "isdnchannel" explicitly to a specific B-channel
> ("1" or "2") the daemon still uses the next free one.

This seems to be a bug.

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                hm@kts.org                   Hamburg, Europe
                    "Those who can, do. Those who can't, talk.