Date:      Mon, 30 Jan 2006 23:48:45 +0100
From:      Oliver Brandmueller <ob@e-Gitt.NET>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 6.0-RELEASE freeze repetitively

--5gxpn/Q6ypwruk0T

Hi

On Mon, Jan 30, 2006 at 02:16:15PM -0800, Atanas wrote:
> If you have SMP and QUOTA enabled, you might find the following threads=
=20
> useful:
>=20
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hackers/2005-November/014339.h=
tml
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2005-December/020606.ht=
ml
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2006-January/021693.html
>=20
> All of the possible workarounds I know are limited to the following:
> - disable SMP
> - disable QUOTA support
> - downgrade to 5.4(-STABLE)

I've read these threads. I get almost the same problem (see my other=20
post). On a UP machine with HTT disabled in the BIOS and an non-SMP=20
kernel installed. Disabling QUOTA (though it really, really hurts in my=20
situation) is the next step. Downgrade to 5.4 is kind of a last resort,=20
I really don't want to go that way. With all my busy servers I have a=20
lot better experiences with RELENG_6 than with RELENG_5. Well, except=20
for that one.

- Oliver

--=20
| Oliver Brandmueller | Offenbacher Str. 1  | Germany       D-14197 Berlin |
| Fon +49-172-3130856 | Fax +49-172-3145027 | WWW:   http://the.addict.de/ |
|               Ich bin das Internet. Sowahr ich Gott helfe.               |
| Eine gewerbliche Nutzung aller enthaltenen Adressen ist nicht gestattet! |

--5gxpn/Q6ypwruk0T

--5gxpn/Q6ypwruk0T--