Date:      Sat, 1 Sep 2001 12:42:53 -0700
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net>
To:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Linuxulator (and port) update

Gang,

I locked myself up and worked on the Linuxulator for a couple
of days. The most important change is that the Linuxulator now
has most of the new syscalls needed to upgrade the linux_base
port to RH 7.1.

For those running on i386, you can can download the bits for
your amusement. I'm going to work on the Alpha bits in the
mean time. If you find anything majorly wrong in the i386
bits, let me know.

Note that I introduced seperate types to express the Linux
world in. This should provide with the "terra firma" in the
fluid world of FreeBSD and Linux (you notice that locking
yourself up has a strange effect on rhetorics :-) This causes
some large diffs, but will only proof beneficial in the long
run.

Note also that what you download is almost too hot to handle.
Use the necessary precaution when installing. Make sure you
upgrade your source tree to get linux_uid16.c.

i386 bits can be downloaded here:

http://www.xcllnt.net/~marcel/linux-2.4.2.diff
http://www.xcllnt.net/~marcel/linux_base-7.tar.gz

I'll lock myself up again for the Alpha bits. Any and all feedback
is welcome.