Date:      Fri, 24 Nov 2000 12:30:43 +0200
From:      Stanislav Grozev <tacho@orbitel.bg>
To:        java@freebsd.org
Cc:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   ibm jdk 1.3

--k1lZvvs/B4yU6o8G

Hi.

I am on 5.0-CURRENT (from today) and I just tried the ibm 1.3 jdk.
i had an older service release (1.3 SR1) which runs fine, it runs
swing apps, the oracle 8.1.6 installer and my own apps. thanks
for the excellent work, guys. it also runs noticeably faster than
the other jdk's.
today i decided to download the newest version from the ibm site,
which it appears is not service release but normal release.
it also works fine, except for one thing - when I start it,
it spews the following:

	JIT cannot get processor_num. Assuming SMP...

other than that warning, it works fine. i presume that our linux
emulation doesn't support (yet) the linux system call for getting
the number of CPU's is missing. ktrace shows that it tries to get
it from proc/cpuinfo, so i mounted linprocfs on /compat/linux/proc
but it still gives that warning.

-tacho

--=20
   [i don't follow] | [http://daemonz.org/ || tacho@daemonz.org]
   [everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler]
   0x44FC3339 || [02B5 798B 4BD1 97FB F8DB 72E4 DCA4 BE03 44FC 3339]

--k1lZvvs/B4yU6o8G

--k1lZvvs/B4yU6o8G--