Date:      Wed, 18 Dec 1996 19:55:04 +0100 (MET)
From:      svaar@math.uio.no (Peter Svaar)
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   PPP problem

ok, I admit, I'm a jerk. but hey, jerks want to run FreeBSD too!

I've been running linux for quite some time now (a couple of years) and I've
been into both slackware, debian and red hat. for my expanding computing
needs, they do not cope. so FreeBSD must be it. well, I downloadet boot.flp
and configured an FTP install. I am constantly connected to the net (not
dialup) thorough a two-thread line (28.8). I go for PPP install, everything
OK, but the program can't detect my modem. I try to change "set device" to
/dev/cuaa0, /dev/cuaa1 and so further, nothing works. I can't seem to get in
contact with the modem. I try "term" and "dial", I think I virtually have
tried everything, changing the modem from com2 to com1, trying all sorts of
combinations, trying slip. It won't work. I use 2.1.6. what should I do?
I've tried all sorts of changing speed machine <-> modem, changing ports,
setting device in the PPP program, configuring the kernel to remove
conflicts, everything..

--
Peter Svaar                       |     Contact Information:
svaar@math.uio.no                 |     http://www.math.uio.no/~svaar