Date:      Tue, 3 Feb 2009 17:30:05 GMT
From:      Sean Bruno <sean.bruno@dsl-only.net>
To:        freebsd-firewire@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/97208: [firewire] System hangs / locks up when a firewire disk is attached

The following reply was made to PR kern/97208; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Sean Bruno <sean.bruno@dsl-only.net>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, torfinn.ingolfsen@broadpark.no
Subject: Re: kern/97208: [firewire] System hangs / locks up when a firewire
 disk is attached
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 09:22:22 -0800

 Interesting.  I have a very similar board in my test machine.

 Differences are that I am running i386 and not amd64.

 A couple of things I'd like to have tested.

 1.  Use a i386 livefs CD instead, just as a test.  See if the same
 problem manifests itself(icky, I really hope it's not this one).

 2.  after your BSD box is powered up, please set some debugging flags:
 	"sysctl debug.sbp_debug=2"
 	"sysctl debug.firewire_debug=2"
 	send me the output from the console when connecting your device.  You
 may be able to grab the dmesg and send it to me.

 3.  "fwcontrol" output and "fwcontrol -p" would be nice as well.

 4.  Specifically, what type of firewire drive is this?

 Sean