Date:      Tue, 9 Jul 2002 00:00:23 -0400
From:      Don Bowman <don@sandvine.com>
To:        "'freebsd-stable@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   lmmon, xeon, e7500 chipset, supermicro, doesn't seem to work

I have a motherboard with a dual XEON using the Intel e7500 chipset (a
supermicro SUPER P4DPR-6GM+ motherboard).
The smb driver is installed, and seems to work (I can enumerate the
bus, some devices respond reliably).
However, lmmon (and consolehm) don't seem to work in smb mode.
lmmon uses slave address 0x5a. I don't have one of those.

The devices I have are:

18 found.
1a found.
30 found.
48 found.
50 found.
98 found.
9a found.
b0 found.
c8 found.
d0 found.

Can anyone suggest what I might need to do here? Its not as simple
as making lmmon use one of those numbers above.
I'm guessing there is a different chip here, @ a different address.

ichsmb0: <Intel 82801CA (ICH3) SMBus controller>
is the device in question which acts as the bridge. I think this
is probably working ok.