Date:      Thu, 11 Mar 2004 09:40:31 -0800
From:      Chris Doherty <chris-freebsd@randomcamel.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Strange behaviour in assembly language program

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 08:12:28PM +0000, Daniela said:
> This code works to return 0x57:   31 c0 40 6a 57 50 cd 80
> But that needs 8 bytes! Can't it be shortened?

this may not help you, and was done on Linux, but is an excellent read if
you haven't seen it (actually it's fun to read even if you have):

http://www.muppetlabs.com/~breadbox/software/tiny/teensy.html

chris

Chris Doherty
chris [at] randomcamel.net

"I think," said Christopher Robin, "that we ought to eat
all our provisions now, so we won't have so much to carry."
               -- A. A. Milne