Date:      Tue, 6 Sep 2016 13:08:18 +0000
From:      Grzegorz Junka <list1@gjunka.com>
To:        James Gritton <jamie@gritton.org>
Cc:        freebsd-jail@freebsd.org, owner-freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: timerfd in FreeBSD jail?

On 06/09/2016 12:49, James Gritton wrote:
> On 2016-09-06 05:38, Grzegorz Junka wrote:
>> I am trying to compile dart-sdk in Centos 6 that's running in a
>> FreeBSD jail. I am getting the following error:
>>
>> runtime/bin/eventhandler_linux.cc:114: error: Failed creating timerfd
>> file descriptor: 38
>>
>> Is this a limitation of the jail or I need to enable something to have
>> it available?
>
> No idea, given that error message and unfamiliarity with the source.
> Is there a linux system call or at least library function you can
> narrow it down to?
>
> - Jamie

Yes, this is when compiling sipxecs https://github.com/sipXcom/sipxecs,
which uses the dart-sdk package (dart_1.9.1-1_amd64.deb). The dart-sdk
has been installed as instructed in this email (by unpacking a .deb):

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/sipxcom-dev/EeRsfbh32CA/QXalcr0S2p4J
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#%21msg/sipxcom-dev/EeRsfbh32CA/QXalcr0S2p4J>;

And the actual file with the error is here (probably not the same version):

https://github.com/dart-lang/sdk/blob/master/runtime/bin/eventhandler_linux.cc#L114

So, the linux call would be timerfd_create

Grzegorz