Date:      Fri, 10 Mar 2017 13:03:09 -0600
From:      Bob Willcox <bob@immure.com>
To:        questions list <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Reboot hangs on a FreeBSD system I'm building

I'm building a system to act as a fileserver for my network and things are
going reasonably well so far except that when I reboot it via the reboot
command it gets to the point after it has successfully sync'd the filesystem
caches and the just hangs there. Note that it will respond to pings from
other systems on the network but keyboard activity is ignored.

Here's the uname output:

FreeBSD yoda.immure.com 11.0-STABLE FreeBSD 11.0-STABLE #1 r315001: Fri Mar 10 08:38:20 CST 2017     bob@yoda.immure.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/YODA  amd64

This is running on an Asus H170I-Pro motherboard and has a Samsung 960 EVO M.2
PCIe NVMe boot drive. The UEFI BIOS settings are all at their defaults. I
planning to check the BIOS settings to see if changing any of them will make a
difference.

Note that the root/boot drive is ZFS in case that matters.

--
Bob Willcox    | If a program is useful, it will be changed.
bob@immure.com |