Date:      Mon, 25 Dec 2006 13:06:28 -0800
From:      "Calvin Smith" <calvinsnet@mail.comcast.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problems running dhclient on 6.1

I just built a new system as a firewall using FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE-p11, =
IP
Filter V4.1.8 and am getting "No DHCPOFFERS received". I am connected to =
the
internet via Comcast broadband.  My old system running FreeBSD =
4.6-RELEASE
and IP Filter V 3.4.29 works just fine. I plugged my external network =
port
into the internal network to see if I could get an assigned ip using my
internal dhcp server and this worked just fine.  When I try to use the
external connection to Comcast via the cable modem I receive no replys =
to my
dhcp requests.  I have tried swapping out different net cards with the =
same
problem.  There is probably something simple I am missing, but I can't =
see
it at this time.  Any help would be appreciated.

Calvin Smith