Date:      Fri, 16 Apr 1999 21:37:38 +0330 (IST)
From:      Nader Atoofi <nader@dpiran.net>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Cc:        nader@dpiran.net
Subject:   RIPV2

Hi you all,
As my firewall has been resided on between our Cisco router, I'm going to setup
RIP for exchanging routing information between our routers and firewalls.(As we
have two firewall, it is very important for availability.

I setup our routers(Cisco 2500) and Firewalls(FreeBSD 2.2.6-RELEASE) to handle
RIPV1 and it worked good in our network except that our supernet didn't
distribute completely in RIP. For resolving it, I had to switch to RIPV2, and I
setup our routers and firewall so, but the  RIP information don't completely
distribute between router and firewall.

1. How can I distribute static route via RIP. For example, I do it in cisco with
	router rip
		redistribute static
  but I don't know how to do it on our FREEBSD box.

2. As I explained, our firewalls don't work properly in RIPV2. As I worked a lot
on it, I understand that it's working good in one of it interfaces, but not in
the other interface.

I added
if=ed0
if=ed1

in my /etc/gateways but it didn't work.
Can anyone help me in this regard?

--Nader

					Nader Atoofi
            ===      		Unix and Network Administrator
        ===     ===    		DP IRAN Co. Tehran Iran
     === 	   ===		E_Mail	: nader@dpi.net.ir
	===     ===		E_Mail	: nader@dpiran.net
	    ===    		Web 	: http://atoofi.com
         DP IRAN		Web	: http://dpiran.net/~nader