Date:      Wed, 3 Aug 2011 13:08:01 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Robert Bonomi <bonomi@mail.r-bonomi.com>
To:        cwhiteh@onetel.com, pldrouin@pldrouin.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: printing to Kyocera FS-1030D

Pierre, please do not 'top post' replies -- it makes the 'logic' of the
message hard to follow,  to wit:

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.

Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

A: Top-posting.

See also _RFC 1855_ for the closest thing to an 'official' stance on the matter.

> Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 13:10:03 -0400
> From: Pierre-Luc Drouin <pldrouin@pldrouin.net>
> To: Chris Whitehouse <cwhiteh@onetel.com>
> Cc: User Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
> Subject: Re: printing to Kyocera FS-1030D
>
> Hi,
>
> I would install CUPS and use the PPD file recommended on openprinting.org
> (http://www.openprinting.org/printer/Kyocera/Kyocera-FS-1030D).

This is -guaranteed- to be *ineffective*.

Apparently you missed the mention in the OP's original message that the
printer is running in 'PCL' emulation mode, and that he _cannot_ change
that.