Date:      Sun, 19 May 2002 22:51:41 -0700
From:      Gregory Sutter <gsutter@zer0.org>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        David Sieb?rger <drs@rucus.ru.ac.za>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What hardware do you use ?

--xo44VMWPx7vlQ2+2

On 2002-05-13 14:09 -0700, Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu> wrote:
> On 13 May 2002, David [ISO-8859-1] Sieb=F6rger wrote:
>=20
> > That's hardly the worst of it.  The ServerWorks OSB4 ATA controller
> > has been known to cause data corruption with Seagate drives.
>=20
> Have you isolated it to Seagates only? our problematic rackables have
> seagate drives, but I don't have any other mfr drives (maxtor, ibm) to
> test it with.

I have a possible problem with the Tyan S2518GN and a Maxtor 80GB
disk.  Didn't have time to play with it--I just shoved in a Promise
ATA/133 controller and now the disk is really fast.  I haven't tried
updating the BIOS from the default v106 yet.

Greg, not very helpful
--=20
Gregory S. Sutter                                    Fnord.
mailto:gsutter@zer0.org=20
http://www.zer0.org/~gsutter/=20
hkp://wwwkeys.pgp.net/0x845DFEDD

--xo44VMWPx7vlQ2+2