Date:      Sun, 26 Aug 2001 11:54:49 -0700
From:      Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
To:        Mike Harding <mvh@ix.netcom.com>
Cc:        murray.stokely@windriver.com, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: no working major window managers with release?

Sorry for the lateness.  Still catching up on over 5000 emails after 4
weeks of vacation.

Actually GNOME still doesn't compile.  In order to make GNOME compile
you have to build GDA-common.c by hand.  Libgda's build thinks that its
include files are in /idl instead of /usr/X11R6/share/gnome/idl.
Rerunning the failed command with the correct include directory (-I)
will get you over the hump and allow you to build the rest of GNOME.

BTW, the latest GNOME library update appears to have broken
gnotes_applet.  Not a big deal however.  I've submitted a bug report to
gnome.org.

As far as window managers are concerned, fvwm2, sawfish, and mwm (I use
mwm when rebuilding GNOME) work nicely under 4.4-RC.

Regards,                         Phone:  (250)387-8437
Cy Schubert                        Fax:  (250)387-5766
Team Leader, Sun/Alpha Team   Internet:  Cy.Schubert@osg.gov.bc.ca
Open Systems Group, ITSD
Ministry of Management Services
Province of BC